Thursday, September 10, 2026

Wicked Happy Birthday

 The second Challenge was a Birthday Challenge.  The prompt was "all die cuts, no stamping".  I just started opening my 13 Days of Heroween box and was excited to play with some of the new items so I started thinking about how I could incorporate Halloween items into a birthday card and my brain went a bit crazy.  



So this one was inspired by Nicole Spohr.  I saw a post where she put the ghost from day one from the Heroween Box into the Beep Beep car from a completely different Hero Art set.  I had both, from there I was off and running.  I had already used a full ombre rub-on from Hero Arts on a panel and cut out the spider web which came from my stash, it came from Picket Fence Studios several years ago.  The Haunted House and Bats also came from the Heroween Box, these were from Day 3.  The Wicked Sentiment and the spider was an old StampinUp! Die set and the Happy Birthday banner was Waffle Flower Crafts.  

The story in my mind, is the Ghost and the Cat were running from the spider (in the upper left corner).  They were not afraid at all of the haunted house, the creepy bats or the bushes in the front with the beady little eyes.  This so much reminds me of my sister that will get in an accident trying to get a spider off of her.  

Two short posts for today.  Hope you enjoy. 



2 comments:

  1. Stacey, this is an adorable card. When I was a kid I remember telling my mom that I wished my birthday was on Halloween, that way it would always be fun. The way you mixed the products together is just perfect. I love the way you incorporated the birthday banner on the car. I love the gradient background too. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so cute and fun!!! I adore the colors, the design and the fact that you worked in a birthday card within a Halloween theme. Thanks so much for playing with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Birthday Blooms for the Color Hues Challenge #141

Today is a card I created for the Color Hues Challenge.  The colors were Purple and Artichoke.  The products I used were mostly from The Gre...