Well, it has been just about a minute since there was a post from me. I went to the Spellbinders In-Person Event and I really enjoyed myself. I met several people and it was a great experience. Since I have been home I have been creating like crazy, but not taking enough time to post about what I have been doing. I was invited to participate in a couple of challenges so I decided to try my hand.
I will be making a couple of posts today so I can add these 2 cards in separate posts, they are vastly different. Today is the color challenge. The prompt is Brown and Dusty Blue. I think I captured it. The watercolor background was inspired by Kristina Werner. As I received the challenge prompt and was considering what I might do she posted a video where she did this technique. Her colors were different and she did not have the blue element but the idea came from her.
The Products I used were as follows:
Mijello Mission Gold Watercolors in the colors Sepia, Van Dyke Brown, and Raw Umber.
LDRS Watercolor Paper
Neenah Solar White 110# (stacking the sentiment)
Colored Cardstock was Concord & 9th Midnight, Powder Blue from The Stamp Market, Partly Cloudy from Spellbinders (no longer available), and Misty Moonlight from StampinUp! (also no longer available).
The sentiment was Concord & 9th Around the Garden.
The Tree was Altenew Majestic Maple.


First of all I am so excited for your interest in my challenges, so thank you for that. Your card is really pretty and I love the blue Maple tree! Love the different panel background as well. Thanks for playing at Color Hues! I am so happy to have you. Our next challenge starts on the 16th!
ReplyDeleteThis is lovely, and I’m fascinated by the watercolored panels! Thanks for sharing your card with us at Color Hues.
ReplyDeleteLove how you arranged the watercolour panels for a background to your die cut tree. Thanks for linking up at Color Hues too. :)
ReplyDelete