Today, I entered a contest with one of my favorite Stamp Companies. It is called Show Us Your Creative Spark. I thought it fitting that I post it on my blog to introduce myself. I had to edit it a bit to get it to a size I could upload here.
There was a little more too it but like I said above, I had to trim it a bit to be able to upload it.
Now, back to the card for this post. For quite some time (maybe January or so), I have owned a set of dies from The Greetery. I had a vision in my mind of what I wanted to do with them, but had other projects or virtual events that I was working on. I pulled the dies for one of my weekly craft calls with some new friends.
First, a little bit about the collection I am referring to. They are called The Market Place Collection. There are 4 sets in the main collection, The Mini Market Place and 3 larger Market Place buildings. They are kind of in a Scandinavian style. The main set released at Christmas time 2025 with the "Festoons" to adorn the buildings. These were wreaths and Christmas related sashes and trimmings to decorate the buildings. There was also a stamp set to name the "shops" cute Christmas related store names like Claus & Claus Toy Company, Gingerbread Spice Market and so on. At Valentines Day time, The Greetery released an add on to the Market Place Collection. This set was called Lover's Lane and it had hearts and ribbons to decorate the buildings and the coordinating stamp set had store names like Cupid's Boutique, Romeo's Chocolatier and so on (see The Greetery website for more details on what is included in the set).
I started wondering if I could create some "stores" that were less specific to a holiday or occasion. I picked up a few things from Concord & 9th that were in the same scale as the Market Place Buildings. There was a Flower Shoppe and a Sweet Cart that I thought would work well with this concept. So I pulled them all out. In the meantime, Mays The Greetery Release they released yet another add on called Celebration Street. It had a few more of the less holiday specific things I was hoping for, balloons, banners with stars and things to decorate the buildings. So I started merging all of this together into something.
I wanted a "city" in my background. I have one stamp set that I could mask off and try to get it to work but I tried it a couple of times and messed it up. I decided to make a stencil set with my Cricut. That seemed to work pretty well and since I used a lightweight mylar I can reuse this later. I cut both a negative and positive of blank buildings.
I have been working off and on this for over a week. Scene building is not my forte so I would build the pieces and when I get stuck, I walk away and come back the next day and try a few more things. I have a base going and some pieces put together but still working on the rest. I thought I might be interesting to show it as a work in progress.
Here is the layout so far, it is not glued down yet. The purple thing in the photo is a magnet holding it down. The card base is a z fold card so I will expand my street scent when the card opens. I used the Mini Buildings to start with, I have to adjust the ribbons and banners to fit the smaller buildings. I also got a freebee from The Greetery when I ordered. It was a smaller building die, so I am incorporating that as well.
And this is my mess of a work space with all of the pieces I have not yet added or decided for sure where it will go.
Ok, what will you be taking with you if you are stranded on a desert island. This is my answer, and it was the last part of my video submission. (Sorry for the multiple "um's", it will get better as I go along).


No comments:
Post a Comment